Tuesday, April 15, 2014

M is for ...



I'm made of dreams and memories.
I am made of misheard whispers in the dark.
I am made of glances across crowded rooms.
Of the closeness of strangers in a line outside a movie.
I am made of the corners of your mouth.
I am made of awkward elevator rides and the lack of security one finds on a doorstep, at the end of the evening, when one has enjoyed the company of another.
I am made of the train tracks that take me home.
I am made of ghost notes, from songs you never heard.
So forgive my absence.
But I was never really here to begin with, anyway. 

******





This post is part of Blogging from A to Z in April 2014.






6 comments :

  1. This had that eeriness attached it and yet it was beautiful.
    Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, simply devine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem and love the easy flow of words:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather Von St. JamesApril 21, 2014 at 9:07 PM

    Hello!

    I have a quick question for you, could you email me when you have a chance? Thanks! –Heather

    heather(dot)vonstjames@gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete